26/05/2015

Grease Lightening | OOTD


As a favour, my sister has asked me to take part in her upcoming hair show within her college course. The theme this year is Hollywood meets Bollywood and as her project she has chosen her Hollywood theme to be Sandy, from Grease.


This look consists of big 60's curls and a lot of saucy leather and heels, of which I love!
So of course I wanted to take part in this.

I have once before dressed up as this particular style for a costume party and it is so simple to do, using outfits you probably already own.

To do this look, we have first begun the transition of dying my hair brunette and will then follow up with a day session of highlighting and styling. As my hair has been in quite bad condition for a while now, mostly dry ends, she took this time to give my hair a deep condition to give it a final smooth and soft look.

The next step is to then style the makeup portion of this look. I am going for a big winged eyeliner, my big lashes and to top it off Bright red lips.

Sandy's makeup has a quite natural tone to it with red lips to define the face more. She also has a lot of definition in her cheek bones, so I will be contouring for this part. I will be using natural shades for the eyes and have them blend into each other to create a shadow effect in the eyelids and then using the eyeliner and the lashes to make my eyes pop.

Get this look:
Wet look leggings - Primark, £6
Black Bardot Top - Primark, £3
Heels - Primark (Not sure how much as they were borrowed)

Makeup Used: 
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation, Porcelain - Superdrug, £6.99
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Light - Superdrug, £4.19
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Powder, Fair - Superdrug, £4.19
Bourjois Highlighter - Superdrug, £7.99
Bourjois Mascara, Black - Superdrug, £7.99
Natural Eyelashes - Primark, £1
2true Black Liquid Eyeliner - Superdrug, £2.99
MUA Lip Lacquer shade Reckless - Superdrug, £3



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get all of your opinions to help me improve on my blog. Comment here if you wish :)