01/03/2015

Simply Bright | Review

Here is my first review, almost a week late but it's finally here. This review will be about this 'new' product or at least new to me, by Simply Bright. I have bought Simply Bright before from Poundland but the boxed version, however the colours available in the box are darker shades of pink/purple and maybe blue and also natural tones, so obviously when I saw these variety of pastel colours I was ecstatic. 



The first time I noticed these little tubes was the week before Christmas in a Poundland in Worthing. As soon as I saw them my first instinct was to grab as many as I could in each colour (pink blush, blue, purple and peach) just in case they weren't being sold in the shops in Brighton yet. However they are available in most pound lands in Brighton right now but in a small variety of colours. 

This is now the second time using these in the 'pink blush' I have yet to try the other colours if and when I feel like having blue/purple again. The first time I used this product the dye itself came out very dark kind of like a crimson pink with a little more purple and I remember thinking how much of a troll I looked! But once washed out it was a very nice pastel subtle pink. 

Usually when I am dying my hair I only skim the instructions and then carry on the dying process however I like and I've done fine so far so I'm not sure what made me want to read the instructions properly this time. 

Something I noticed once opening the tube, was a very sweet scent of what to me smells like strawberries. First task on the instructions says to apply onto shampooed, towel dried hair and leave for 12-15 minutes. I did this but left it to develop for 30 minutes and this is how the dye looked.



When it came to washing it out, it said not to use shampoo so I didn't, I believe last time I did because I don't quite recall actually shampooing my hair before hand. After towel drying and styling my hair, the colour came out practically the same as it does in the picture above.

I had very mixed feelings about this turn out. The colour came out a lot darker than last time and it felt a little overpowering for me and not what I expected, especially after knowing how it turned out before. However, I hadn't washed my hair since washing out the dye and it is only a semi-permanent dye, so after another wash the colour will fade quite a bit. It is supposed to last up to 10 washes, but if you're like me and only wash your hair 1-2 times a week then the colour would obviously last a lot longer depending on what products you use on your hair. 

This is how my hair turned out after the first wash. This time the colour came out lighter, because I used silver shampoo to remove the really orangey tones and to add in a little purple, which is very subtle at the end of my hair. I much prefer this colour, as I didn't intend on having bright hair again, only pastel. So if you're wanting a cheap substitute, intense colour, then this is probably for you. 


Overall, this product is pretty good. It's quick and simple to use and the end results aren't terrible. For the price of £1 it's great and I am so glad it didn't have an eye watering smell that burns my nose. I will be using this brand in 'pink blush' again but I will probably wash with shampoo after so it is a paler shade. They also sell shampoo and conditioners in their same name brand for coloured hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get all of your opinions to help me improve on my blog. Comment here if you wish :)