01/03/2015

White Clothing | Fashion

Have you ever thought about possibly buying white clothing, or own some but you just don't know how to style it? Yeh, me too. That's why I have created this post using a previous selfie I took whilst having a random day of trying on my wardrobe, to help you.
The true inspiration for this look came about when I had a rough attempt at trying to do a 60's beehive, after watching Helen Anderson's YouTube tutorial. I wanted to have an outfit to match the hairstyle, that wasn't too formal but wasn't too casual either as it was party season. I had recently bought this dress in a Primark sale and hadn't the slightest idea how or when to wear it and considering I only got it for £3 I don't think it was a terrible buy. 

To make an outfit like this stand out and become a little more stylish, I would personally wear a leather jacket on top for those chilly summery nights and accessorise with anything of your choice, maybe a chunky statement necklace or a long chain and then some black heels for your feet. The good thing about wearing an outfit like this, is you don't need to wear tights unless you feel more comfortable doing so. If you are like me and are so bleached out from not enough sun, maybe add some self tanner and give yourself a little glow, white can tend to make people look washed out and the worst thing would be to turn up to a party looking like a ghost (not unless it's a costume party). 

So yeh that is one way you could fashion white clothing,  this look is appropriate for all year round so ignore the whole 'never wear white after Labor Day' nonsense, I say if you feel comfortable wearing white, wear it anyway. Black and white goes with anything, particularly make up and hair colours, one of the reasons I am always wearing black 😚

If you would like to learn how to do this hairstyle, check out Helen Anderson's tutorial on youtube: http://youtu.be/E7J55zW92z8
I followed this step by step to create this look (see below) it is so simple to do and the more you practice the better your hair will look. Yes, mine went a little messy but I quite like how it turned out, I quite like messy hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get all of your opinions to help me improve on my blog. Comment here if you wish :)