12/02/2015

♥ Simple Valentines | Hair & Makeup ♥

As Valentines Day is in a couple of days I thought I would give this a chance to show you one inspired look you could do, based on most peoples daily makeup routine, including my own.




1. To do this 'Beehive' hairstyle all you need to do is separate your hair into top layer and bottom. The bottom will need to be tied into a ponytail, backup this slightly and then using your fingers wrap back upwards towards your scalp and pin into place. It is important that you make sure you have enough hair on the top and bottom evenly so that your beehive has volume.

Next you need to back comb the top of your hair as much as you can, this is so there is a lot of lift when creating the actual Beehive. Then secure with hairspray, I used v05 strong hold. Comb out the hair gently and then stroke the hair down and curve into place whilst wrapping the ends of you hair upwards at the top of your neck and fasten into place using some more clips. I chose to have some fringe showing at the front so that it didn't look too formal. To finish this look you can use an accessory to make it a little more glamorous, such as using a headband like shown, or a flower at the side.

2. Now onto the makeup inspired part of this look. For my base I used Nivea's daily essentials express hydration primer moisturiser to soften my dry skin. I then used my 'Porefessional' balm at the sides and end of my nose. I then used my MUA concealer in the lightest shade along the bridge of my nose, under my eyes and on my chin and then blend. Now I would usually use my Collection 24 hr foundation but this time I used NYC all day long foundation in classic ivory as my base. I applied using a sponge and then blended with a brush. I then set this by using my NYC translucent powder and then blended again.



I decided on a normal shortish winged eyeliner using 2true black liquid eyeliner, I then applied black pencil liner on my top and bottom water line. The mascara I used was Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care in Ultra Black and NYC Big Bold Angel Lash. For my brows, I brushed them and smoothed them out then used Makeup Academys Powerbrow shape and highlighter in mid brown to define the shape of my brows. I used a random bronzer palette on my cheekbones and blended out using a blusher brush. To finish this look I felt red was appropriate so I used MUA lip lacquer in Reckless. 

For my nails I used Primarks white nail varnish and all that's left is to pick a snazzy outfit and you're finished. I hope you liked this simple inspire look, please check back soon for more tutorials and follow my blog to hear about when I will be finally uploading videos onto my YouTube channel.

Get The Look: 
Hairspray - Vo5 Strong Hold 
Headband - Primark, Pack of 5 £2
Moisturiser - Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, £
Black Liquid Eyeliner - 2true, £1.99
Black Pencil Liner - 2true, £1.99
Mascara - Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care (Ultra Black), £7.99 
Mascara - NYC Big Bold Angel Lash, £3.99
Concealer - MUA, £1
Foundation - NYC All Day Long Foundation, £3.99
Powder - NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder (Translucent), £2.99
Lipstick - MUA Luxe Lip Laquer (Reckless), £3
Brows - MUA Luxe Powerbrow Shape and Highlighter (Mid Brown), £3






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get all of your opinions to help me improve on my blog. Comment here if you wish :)