14/07/2015

Top 5 Summer Essentials | Beauty

As summer has approached us abruptly, I figured it was about time I actually wrote a post about my Top 5 Summer Essentials. I am not usually a summery person, but with the 'nice ish' weather being forced upon us, it has put me in a some what mood for it :P This year I intend to actually not waste away my summer holidays and make the most of it, instead of sulking over the bugs and heat. 

1. Dove Summer Glow nourishing lotion (Medium to Dark) 



- One problem I have, particularly in the summer is that I am ridiculously pale. I don't tan, not even a subtle tan, nope, I BURN. This is something that has always bothered me, that was until I came across this product. I would have bought the Pale to Medium shade, but I prefer having a darker glow to match my foundation on my face and neck. The best thing is, all you have to do is remember to shave your legs, shower and then apply the moisturizer and not get wet for a few hours and it will do the job on it's own. Just top it up everyday and the tan will get gradually darker. £1.99, Savers. 

2. Dry Shampoo 



- I have been training myself to only wash (properly with shampoo) my hair once, maybe twice a week to get my hair back into its proper, healthy state. Dry shampoo has been a life saver for me, especially when it gives my hair volume, so I don't have to use as much hairspray to keep my hair voluptuous. 99p, Savers. 

3. Samy's Fat Hair Amplifying hair spray (travel size) 



- I love all the Samy Fat Hair products I have used so far, I occasionally treat myself to the shampoo and conditioner duo. They leave my hair feeling thick, clean and bouncy. So when I came across the hairspray in PoundWorld I had to get it. For only 2 for £1 for travel sized, I couldn't say no really, considering most travel products are quite pricey. £1 x2, Poundworld. 

4. Argan Oil Heat defense leave in spray 



- I have lived for Argan Oil over the past year. I understand that heat defense products are mostly used for keeping your hair protected when using styling tools such as straighteners, but I find that spraying this on my hair throughout the day, keeps my hair feeling refreshed and protected from the hot summer heat. My hair is prone to getting really dry in all circumstances, since I have used this it has definitely felt a lot nicer. -£1, Poundland. 

5. Nivea Lip Balm 


- I am sure most of you also get dry lips in the different seasons, however, summer is one of them big ones for me. Just like winter. Therefore, I always carry around a lip balm with me. My favorite right now is Nivea. It has no flavor, which I prefer, but it keeps my lips soft and supple allowing me to apply lipstick on top if I wanted to. - £1.65, Superdrug. 

There we have it, this is just a few of my top summer essentials, but as I use these items every day I felt they were more appropriate for this post. If you liked this post, please let me know on what you think and comment your own summer essentials below :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get all of your opinions to help me improve on my blog. Comment here if you wish :)